What is Appulate
Appulate is a Submission, Application and Renewal platform that allows agents to work smarter, not harder. Both for commercial and personal lines. Appulate has partnered with hundreds of Carriers and MGA’s.
Our agent network consists of over 30,000 agencies nationwide and is used by 9 out of the 10 top independent insurance industries.
Appulate’s agent facing product suite boasts dozens of tools and features such as automatic forms filling to populating carrier websites for quoting; all of which saves agencies thousands of valuable minutes and dollars each year!
Get started in just 5 minutes!
Let’s make sure you are able to sign in first!
- Go to Appulate.com/signin and enter your credentials.
- If you don’t know your credentials, use the “forgot password?”
- If your email is not recognized, click the “Sign up now” link to set up your account in minutes.
Perhaps you have a new MGA or Carrier you are interested in exploring in Appulate or you want to start working with your appointed markets in Appulate. The list below will take you through the process of setting up your markets up in Appulate.
- Once you are logged into Appulate, go to the “Markets” tab and choose “Selected”. There you will see all of the markets that you or someone from your agency has chosen to work with in Appulate.
- If you would like to add markets to that list, go to “Markets” and “Available” and search for the markets name. Once you locate it, click the plus sign to add it to your Selected list.
- Bonus Appulate perk- Open Brokerage Markets! Looking to expand your agencies markets? Chose from one of many of our open brokerage market partners who allow agents to quote prior to committing to an appointment.
If your market requires that you enter credentials before being able to submit, be sure to have those entered into your profile in Appulate.
- Click on your name on the top right-hand side of your Appulate account.
- Scroll to the section labeled “Market Logins”.
- Enter your credentials and click “Save”.
**Be sure to update them whenever you reset your password.
If you would like to bridge ACORD data into Appulate to keep you from having to rekey information, be sure to download Uplink. This takes less than 1 minute!
- Go to “Tools” at the top of your screen and select “Appulate Uplink” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Download Uplink Driver” button.
** Note to Outlook email users: please close Outlook prior to downloading.
Once installed successfully, Appulate Uplink will show up as an available printer option.
How to Submit:
1. Bridging ACORD data:
If you have a completed ACORD form, Appulate it! So that you don’t have to rekey the information.
- Open your completed ACORD, either in a PDF or in your management system. Print the ACORD and select the ‘Appulate Uplink’ as your destination printer.
- In the pop up, confirm your Appulate credentials and click ‘Send’.
The insured record will be created and the ACORD data will be plugged right into Appulate so that you don’t have to rekey information.
2. Starting in Appulate:
If you don’t have an ACORD form filled out, you can start directly within Appulate instead!
- Sign in to Appulate.
- Click on the blue “Add New Customer or Prospect” button at the top left.
- Choose the type “Business” or “Personal”.
- Enter in the required (marked with a red asterisk) insured data and click “Continue”.
- Select the Line of Business, Effective Date and Expiration Date and click “Continue”.
3. Selecting a market and fulfilling requirements:
- In the “Smart Q&A” view, start by selecting the markets you would like to submit to for this insured, by selecting “Add Market”. When adding your markets, the system will load their supplemental forms automatically if applicable.
- Once your markets are added, use the letter indicator to the right of the markets name to help guide you through the submission process. The letter indicator will show…
- Any questions that are unanswered and required. They are listed as live links to take you directly to where you may answer the question.
- The acceptability of the submission (Accepted, Referred to Underwriting, or Declined) with an explanation.
- Required attachments which can be uploaded in the Loss Runs or Docs tab.
Once you have a green “A” letter indicator or an orange or green “U”, referred to underwriting letter indicator, you are ready to submit! Click the “Submit” button on the right-hand side.
Want to get more out of Appulate? We have a plethora of learning resources that take a deeper dive into our advanced features and functionality. Our learning resources allow you to learn at your own pace, around your busy schedule, in the way that you absorb information best.
More Training Resources
ProducerConnect Standard Training
Learn how to submit to your markets using your standard ProducerConnect account.
ProducerConnect Premium Training
Learn how to expand your markets, automate your loss runs, and take advantage of weblink with your premium account.
Appulate is the leading submission and quote management platform for agents just like you! We are a technology company, not an MGA, direct carrier, or aggregator. However, with our exclusive market partnerships, Appulate can help you expand your markets while automating your workflow – all while saving you time and money.
Appulate ProducerConnect Standard is brought to you by your markets at zero cost to you. ProducerConnect Premium is a subscription-based plan that gives you access to more features and Markets. Contact email@example.com for a quote.
Since Appulate is not a Carrier, MGA or Aggregator, Appulate does not grant any agent appointments, nor are we a part of any commissions conversations. However, some markets have their electronic appointment process built into Appulate. Any questions regarding commissions should be sent directly to the markets directly.
Appulate Uplink is system agnostic, meaning that it works to bridge ACORD data from ANY agency management system that can print ACORD forms!
In my 40-year Insurance career, I have only seen a handful of truly transformative innovations including the desktop computer itself. Appulate may be just as innovative!